Thursday 30 March 2017

Barcelonaaaaa!!!

13 September, 2014

It took a while to clear all the officials but once I was on the plane it was a smooth flight from Casablanca to Barcelona, followed by the aerobus to near where I was staying, then a short walk and I found my home for the next week. The owners were hanging over the balcony, waving down furiously to me, all smiles. An AirBnB gem all the way!
Manuel spoke Spanish and smiled and sign languaged a lot, as I did in return. Miquel spoke English and gave me all the info I needed. All was good. Top floor apartment, at the corner of the building overlooking a cross road. Although tiny, it felt light and spacious and had absolutely everything I needed – including a lift! Walking distance to everything. Winner!

That's me, top corner with the white plant pots
Odd shape, but so comfy
All I needed in a kitchen
Plenty of space for one
Looking towards Placa de la Universitat

Not to mention being in a box seat for several late night lightning shows 🙂




After settling in I went out for a bite to eat. I was tired from a day spent travelling from one continent to another but it was too early to go to bed. After a small wander around the immediate area, I sat in the Placa de la Universitat and watched the world go by for a while. Then ‘home’ for an excellent night’s sleep!


Is Barcelona, is Gaudi – Sagrada Familia (pt.1)

Gaudi is the reason I included Barcelona in the itinerary of my Last Hurrah trip. I’ve loved his work for as long as I can remember. My fi...